- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forAmazing Muffin Cups
"This sounds great but as a beginning "weight watcher" , I need to know nutrition facts .Can this be added ?"
"My daughter just had her first baby and she is really appreciating me bringing over muffins and foods that she can grab and go. I used two recipes from this article today. Grandma's homey muffins were perfect and fabulous. This recipe, however, needs some work. There is no mention of spraying the muffin tin, but thank goodness I did. Even with spray it, it took 15 minutes to wash. Should really recommend using muffin cups. My other comment is that the time noted to cook the "crust" wasn't adequate. I did quite a bit more time and they still never really browned up. They look great, but I think it could be perfected a bit."
"This is for Odess. 2 cups of cheese is 8 oz. 16oz. would be 4 cups. Read any package of shredded cheese, I know it seems confusing, I always have to look it up, like dry macaroni is 2 cups for 8 oz. Remember, these are dry products, not liquid and by volume."
"Like I do when making corn bread, I put a veg oil in the pan, make sure to brush it over the sides then put in the over until it is very hot, like ready to fry bacon. I fill it at once then place back into the over. You get nice crisp sides and bottom.MIng ;Kaye Bryson Dodd"
"AWESOME! We are vegetarian so I used our veggie sausage. This was very easy and delicious - thanks for sharing!!"
"tried it with turkey sausage it was wonderful !!!!"
"this was great. family loved it."
"I made this for the employees where I work and it was a major hit! One question, shouldn't the recipe say '2 cups (16 ounces) of cheese' instead of '2 cups (8 ounces)' ?"
"These were great. A fun twist on breakfast. I mixed some almond milk in with the eggs, skipped the red bell pepper and added some onions and some bacon. Very delicious!"