- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Amaretto Butter Frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and amaretto, beating well after each addition. Stir in almonds.
- Fill paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forAmaretto Dream Cupcakes
"I haven't made this recipe yet. Just got the magazine as a gift. However, what tip is used to decorate this cupcake in the photo?"
"The texture was amazing for a from scratch recipe. Does not have a strong Amaretto flavor to me. I would probably decrease the buttermilk and increase the Amaretto next time."
"These would be pretty darn good if i had been wanting to make a breakfast muffin! the texture, look, and taste are all very muffin-y after finishing the recipe and trying it. My mother agreed. Amaretto muffins...pretty good but I'm disappointed because I had been dying to make amaretto cupcakes for ages!"
"Excellent and not too sweet! My family loved it!"
"it stands for pre-heat your oven to that temp before baking"
"what does the p stand for following the temperature?"