Amaretto-Almond Bliss Cookies Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Stir in Amaretto and almond extract.
- 2. Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- 3. With lightly floured hands, shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked and bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 106 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Amaretto-Almond Bliss Cookies
"These cookies came out rather dry and the flavor of amaretto really didn't shine through. It's possible they might be better without the chocolate chips."
"I was excited to try this flavor combination. Mine turned out quite dry and very pale. I was afraid to bake them until they had a hint of color because they were so dry! Disappointing!"
"oat flour is simply rolled oats that are pulverized to flour in a blender or food processor. Talk about cheap!"
"I baked these tonight and it was hard not to eat them all! I made one big substitution - I used almond flour because I didn't have oat flour. I'm sure they would be just as delicious with oat flour (and less expensive). :) I also didn't use the chocolate chips because the person I'm baking them for can't eat chocolate. If anything, I think cinnamon chips would be amazing in them!"