- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana, milk, orange peel and extracts.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in coconut, nuts and pineapple. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forAloha Quick Bread
"This is one of the best breads I have ever tasted. So moist and the flavors were all great together. I took to work and everyone wanted the recipe. Thanks for a great new taste on banana bread."
"Excellent bread. I made some changes to make this a healthier treat for my family. I used all whole wheat flour; 1 whole egg & 1 egg white; 1/4 c, applesauce & 1/4 c. Coconut oil; and reduced the sugar to 1/3 c. Packed brown sugar & 1/3 c. Granulated sugar. I also added 1/2-3/4 t. Cinnamon. In addition, I pre-toasted the pecans and coconut to bring out extra flavor. I baked three mini loaves for about 55 min. This recipe is a winner!"
"Perfect morning treat!"
"Love the hawaiian twist to your typical banana bread recipe. I didn't have almond extract on hand so only used vanilla extract and chopped walnuts, Mmmmmmmm!"
"The way to do without the sugar is to use Stevia Blend. It is from the stevia plant and contains no chemicals. It is completely natural. You also use half the amount of sugar. "
"This was absoultely delicious and easy to make!!"
"Absolutely melt in your mouth good!"
"I followed the recipe exactly as written and we loved it. Will definitely make this again!"