- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 6 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- Sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; remove and set aside. Drain skillet; add sweet-and-sour sauce and pineapple chunks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chops to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir-fry sauce; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving platter; top with pork mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAloha Pork Chops
"This is the 4th time that I've made this dish and I absolutely love it! The rice and sweet and sour really work well with the pineapple and natural flavor of the pork. It's a fun recipe to cook and my girlfriend loves it when I come home from the store with that can of pineapples. :)"
"I was so excited for this one. It just didn't turn out to taste the way I thought it would."
"Pretty good, but a little too sweet for our tastes. May make again but use more stir-fry sauce and less sweet and sour sauce to tone it down a bit."
"this was fabulous and easy to make."
"This recipe is horrible. I served this on my annivesary and not one person was satisfied. It also made them sick. The mixture ofdifferent ingredients doesnt mix well."
"I am on a very restricted low sodium diet, would like to see the nutritional values for this recipe Thanks"
"I would like to see the nutritional values for this recipe, since I'm diabetic. Thanks, B"