- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 sesame seed or onion buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked
- Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl; add teriyaki sauce. Place 3 tablespoons in a resealable plastic bag. Add pineapple; toss to coat and set aside.
- Shape beef into four patties; place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Pour the remaining teriyaki sauce mixture over patties; marinate for 5-10 minutes, turning once.
- Drain and discard teriyaki marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Drain and discard pineapple marinade. Place pineapple on grill or under broiler to heat through. Layer with lettuce and onion on bottom of buns. Top with burgers, cheese, pineapple and bacon. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAloha Burgers
"A lot of the flavor got cooked away. Pretty much tasted like a regular burger to me."
"I think this would also be good with a slice of pepper jack cheese."
"These are a wonderful taste treat. I sautéed my onions in olive oil instead of the butter. I had fresh arugula on hand so used this in lieu of the lettuce. The second time I made them I used the lettuce the recipe calls for. Both are delicious."
"Hubby called this a "taste treat". To make them healthier I eliminated the cheese and bacon, cooked the onion in olive oil and used that same pan to warm the pineapple.Excellent recipe."
"New family favorite hamburger. It was so easy to make too. Love it!!"
"These burgers are delicious and we will definitely have them again and again. There are several steps involved but well worth the effort. The different flavors are delicious and the pineapple sends them over the top. Definitely five stars."
"These burgers have a lot of taste and are so different. I made them like a patty melt with sourdough bread. They were so awesome."
"I loved these!!! Great creation!!"
"This is a great recipe for summer time. I even caramelized the onions for extra flavor. We also ate the leftover pineapple with ice cream for dessert."