- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 onion or sesame seed buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked
- Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl; add teriyaki sauce. Place 3 tablespoons in a resealable plastic bag. Add pineapple and turn to coat; set aside. Shape beef into four patties; place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Pour the remaining teriyaki sauce mixture over patties; marinate for 5-10 minutes, turning once.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Grill or broil burgers until no longer pink. Place pineapple on grill or under broiler to heat through. Layer lettuce and onion on bottom of buns. Top with burgers, cheese, pineapple and bacon. Replace tops; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAloha Burgers
"A lot of the flavor got cooked away. Pretty much tasted like a regular burger to me."
"I think this would also be good with a slice of pepper jack cheese."
"These are a wonderful taste treat. I sautéed my onions in olive oil instead of the butter. I had fresh arugula on hand so used this in lieu of the lettuce. The second time I made them I used the lettuce the recipe calls for. Both are delicious."
"Hubby called this a "taste treat". To make them healthier I eliminated the cheese and bacon, cooked the onion in olive oil and used that same pan to warm the pineapple.Excellent recipe."
"New family favorite hamburger. It was so easy to make too. Love it!!"
"These burgers are delicious and we will definitely have them again and again. There are several steps involved but well worth the effort. The different flavors are delicious and the pineapple sends them over the top. Definitely five stars."
"These burgers have a lot of taste and are so different. I made them like a patty melt with sourdough bread. They were so awesome."
"I loved these!!! Great creation!!"
"This is a great recipe for summer time. I even caramelized the onions for extra flavor. We also ate the leftover pineapple with ice cream for dessert."