- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, brown beef; drain. Set beef aside and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine water, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in beef; return to the stove and heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forAlmost Stuffed Peppers
"If you got to this page by a photo link on yummly or pinterest - the photo is mine and is being lifted off the AR website. The recipe has been modified, which is why it looks way saucier then the recipe here is. If you want a link to the actual recipe in the photo you can follow this one. http://oldcrohnies.blogspot.com/2011/10/unstuffed-peppers.html or find me on AR where I actually reviewed the recipe and added a photo - the user name is the same as here."
"it was good. But it seemed to be missing something."
"This is a fabulous way to get all of the flavor of stuffed peppers without all of the time and effort. I like to use leftover rice and reduce the liquid and cooking time for an even faster result."
"Definately a Keeper! First time around found it to be a bit bland - Added some Steak Seasoning & fresh garlic to veggie's - mmmmmThis one somehow finds itself repeating itself in our household too :)"
"This is a great recipe, we put it over mashed potatoes and the kids really like it."
"this had become a regular meal at our house. It is easy to make and taste great. I passed it along to several family members and they make it regularly as well."
"My family loved this recipe. Wasvery easy to prepare,but will use a little less rice. Was very good. In my recipe book now"
"My wife and I liked this recipe very much, we put in our favorites list. I did the directions a little different. After the ground beef was about half cooked I added the vegetables and spices. When the meat was cooked and veggies tender I added the remaining ingredients. It turned out great. I didn't see any reason to remove the meat and then put it back in."