- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick wok or skillet, stir-fry broccoli in hot oil 3 minutes. Add pepper, onion, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir soy sauce mixture; stir into vegetables with nuts. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Vegetable Stir-Fry
"I would make this again . Very healthy recipe."
"Very good! I used frozen broccoli because I had it on hand and some grated ginger in a tube instead of fresh. I always keep the refrigerated tube of ginger on hand for added convenience in making Asian inspired meals and salad dressings."
"Loved it! Very flavourful... Will do this again for sure!"
"My family enjoyed this recipe as a side dish. I also used frozen broccoli for convenience, and it worked great. I don't think using frozen added to the cooking time at all."
"Good. I used dried ginger, a package of frozen broccoli, and toasted sesame seeds instead. Served over rice. It was tasty. I like my sauce thick and lots of it, so it needed more. I liked the color!"
"Very good. I added shrimp, mushrooms and angel hair pasta for a more filling meal."
"Really good! I will make these vegies again!"
"Sounds very good cannot wait to try."
"Fantastic meatless, or with some cooked shrimp. Yum! :)"
"I have begun having one meatless dinner per week, and this is the latest recipe I tried. I did not have sesame oil, so I used canola; I have no doubt the sesame oil would be even better. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written with the exception of adding a sprinkling of crushed red pepper. My husband and both enjoyed this served over rice. We loved the crunch that the almonds provided. Next time, I may add some sliced water chestnuts for additional crunch, but his is very good as written."