Almond Vegetable Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and almonds in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar and ginger. Stir in pineapple juice and soy sauce until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 278 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 20, 2014
Mar 5, 2013
It is very quick & simple to make with just a touch of asian food flavor!
Jan 22, 2013
I really liked this recipe. The almonds gave it a wonderful crunch. I used my own combination of fresh vegetables and stir-fried a little before covering them to cook. Really good!!
Sep 6, 2012
Even my picky eater described it as tasty and got seconds, even if she did leave off vegetables.
Oct 1, 2011
This is easy to make, and the whole family loves it! I make this all the time!
Apr 30, 2011
This was very good. i'm not a fan of soy sauce but everyone else liked the sauce. it made a very nice easy dinner :) my first time making chicken and it turned out really good so i was happy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.