Almond Turkey Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Place noodles and broccoli in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add the turkey; pour over noodle mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 515 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2019
Since it had been a busy Saturday I needed a quick meal for dinner. I found this and quickly threw it together. I did use deli smoked turkey and fresh broccoli which I lightly steamed instead of frozen broccoli. I tasted the casserole before adding the cheese and almonds. Since I thought it was lacking something. I hurriedly opened up a can of cream of celery soup and mixed that in. Glad I did because it added that *something* that was missing. Family loved it.