Almond Turkey Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Place noodles and broccoli in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add the turkey; pour over noodle mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 515 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein.
Mar 10, 2019
Since it had been a busy Saturday I needed a quick meal for dinner. I found this and quickly threw it together. I did use deli smoked turkey and fresh broccoli which I lightly steamed instead of frozen broccoli. I tasted the casserole before adding the cheese and almonds. Since I thought it was lacking something. I hurriedly opened up a can of cream of celery soup and mixed that in. Glad I did because it added that *something* that was missing. Family loved it.