Almond Turkey Casserole
My husband and I have enjoyed cooking together since we were married some 40 years ago. This recipe is a favorite. We make it whenever we have leftover turkey or chicken.—Lucille Rowland, Stillwater, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Place noodles and broccoli in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add the turkey; pour over noodle mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 515 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Almond Turkey Casserole in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.