Almond-Topped Spiced Peaches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) peach halves, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place peach halves in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and curry powder. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over peaches. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Combine sour cream and cinnamon; serve with peaches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 8, 2015
This recipe is fantastic! Since it's just the two of us, I did cut the recipe in half. I also used my home-canned peaches instead of store-bought and substituted plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream. Outstanding! We both enjoyed it and I will definitely make it again!
Jan 2, 2010
Absolutely yummy! You need to try this recipe.