Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds carrots, julienned
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add the raisins, butter, honey, lemon juice, ginger and pepper.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 177 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 19, 2013
This was very easy to make. If you like carrots this is a delicious way to serve them. I used baby carrots as I couldn't find julienned that day and I was short on time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.