Almond-Tipped Shortbread Fingers Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour. Shape 1/2 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in. thick logs. Cut logs into 2-in. pieces. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate, stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate, then into almonds. Place on waxed paper to harden. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 105 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Tipped Shortbread Fingers
"These are one of my husband's favorite cookies. The are definitely very yummy. Any ideas on keeping them round??? Mine ALWAYS go FLAT:(:(:( [email protected]"
"These are very good shortbread cookies. I refrigerated the dough before forming the finger logs, then refrigerated the finger logs before cooking and they still went flat when cooking. It may have something to do with the humidity on that day, it was quite humid. Took them to a picnic dinner with home made ice cream as the dessert and these cookies were a huge hit with the ice cream. Very flavorful. Hard to stop eating them!"
"This recipe is sooooo good; I dread giving them away as gifts because I want to eat them ALL:):):):) Thank you for the recipe; post more to Taste of Home, I bet you are a fantastic cook in other areas as well."
"These are crazy easy, and way to fantastic to keep in the house, they must be given away, so I don't become as big as the house!My only change is to refrigerate the dough for a bit, helps to form the logs."
"I tried making the almond-tipped shortbread fingers, but unfortunately mine did not stay round like the picture, they flattened out and I was wondering what I need to do to keep them in their round shape.[email protected] Thanks! Kala Troumbly"