Almond-Tipped Shortbread Fingers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape 1/2 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in. thick logs. Cut logs into 2-in. pieces.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Then dip into almonds. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 105 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2015
My friends made these last year and this year for Christmas gifts and they are so yummy!! She didn't put any nuts on, as my son is allergic. Some she dipped in regular chocolate and some in white chocolate and sprinkles.
Oct 4, 2012
These are one of my husband's favorite cookies. The are definitely very yummy. Any ideas on keeping them round??? Mine ALWAYS go FLAT:(:(:( [email protected]
Jul 4, 2012
These are very good shortbread cookies. I refrigerated the dough before forming the finger logs, then refrigerated the finger logs before cooking and they still went flat when cooking. It may have something to do with the humidity on that day, it was quite humid. Took them to a picnic dinner with home made ice cream as the dessert and these cookies were a huge hit with the ice cream. Very flavorful. Hard to stop eating them!
Dec 22, 2010
This recipe is sooooo good; I dread giving them away as gifts because I want to eat them ALL:):):):) Thank you for the recipe; post more to Taste of Home, I bet you are a fantastic cook in other areas as well.
Dec 19, 2010
Made these for my family's cookie exchange this year...some dipped in almonds, some dipped in chocolate sprinkles...everyone LOVED them (even plain they are delicious)!
Dec 8, 2010
These are crazy easy, and way to fantastic to keep in the house, they must be given away, so I don't become as big as the house!My only change is to refrigerate the dough for a bit, helps to form the logs.
Nov 15, 2008
I tried making the almond-tipped shortbread fingers, but unfortunately mine did not stay round like the picture, they flattened out and I was wondering what I need to do to keep them in their round shape. [email protected] Thanks! Kala Troumbly