Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and egg yolks. Gradually add flour and salt. Divide dough into fourths; roll each portion into 12 small balls. Press each ball onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased miniature muffin cup; set aside.
- For filling, combine almond paste, 1 cup sugar, egg yolks and lemon juice in a large bowl. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; beat in vanilla and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat into the almond mixture.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire racks for 10 minutes. Carefully remove tassies from pans.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 330 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 21, 2009
My husband LOVES almond paste so I thought I would surprise him with these tassies. (I found the recipe my accident when looking for another recipe with almond paste.) OH MY GOSH!!! He was in heaven! Even my daughter-in-law wanted the recipe and she deosn't like to cook much! I will definitely make these again and again and again!!