Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and egg yolks. Gradually add flour and salt. Divide dough into fourths; roll each portion into 12 small balls. Press each ball onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased miniature muffin cup; set aside.
- For filling, combine almond paste, 1 cup sugar, egg yolks and lemon juice in a large bowl. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; beat in vanilla and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat into the almond mixture.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire racks for 10 minutes. Carefully remove tassies from pans.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 330 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 21, 2009
My husband LOVES almond paste so I thought I would surprise him with these tassies. (I found the recipe my accident when looking for another recipe with almond paste.) OH MY GOSH!!! He was in heaven! Even my daughter-in-law wanted the recipe and she deosn't like to cook much! I will definitely make these again and again and again!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.