These nutty, rich treats are perfect for setting out on a dessert buffet. Folks can never resist them! – Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup apricot jam, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg and toss with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place almond paste in a food processor, cover and process until crumbly. Add the sugar, butter, extracts and eggs; cover and process until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into thirty 2-1/2-in. circles; press dough into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon filling into each shell; sprinkle with a few almonds. Bake 10 minutes longer or until filling is set and pastry is lightly browned. Brush jam over tarts. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 214 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Almond Tartlets in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.