Almond Spice Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar; add egg substitute and extract. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in almonds. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 19, 2017
How can these cookies possibly have "0"gr of sugar when the recipe calls for 3/4 cup? I'm going to try these with a sugar substitute and almond flour to get rid of the carbs.
Jun 24, 2012
Well I can't say much more than I've already said but there's a space so I'm filling it in. These are really yummy and I already had more than I should and the carbs might be off because I think maybe I got two dozzen plus a few. And they are not that big. However, there is actually less sugar and less flour than in most cookie recipes. Most call for 1/12 cups sugar where this one calls for 3/4 cup. Most call for 2/1/2 cups flour and this one calls for 1-1/4. So even if the carb count isn't right, at least it is lower carb than your average cookie and my whole family liked them. I have tried two other "diabetic" recipes and they tasted like somebody who had no sense of how things are supposed to taste was cooking trying to make something that someone with weird food issues might enjoy. I figure if I'm going to eat sweets, they might as well tast like real sweet things and not like something nasty. There's too much information out there for diabetics to not make things that taste really good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.