Almond Shortbread Cutouts Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a food processor, combine the flour, almonds, sugar and salt; cover and process until almonds are finely ground. Cut butter into cubes; add to processor. Pulse on and off until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Combine the yolk, water and almond extract. While processing, gradually add yolk mixture; process until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes with floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 108 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Almond Shortbread Cutouts
"My father loves shortbread so I went looking for a cutout cookie recipe. These are fantastic! I cut them with large cutters and probably too thick, so I don't get a full four dozen. Double the recipe. Stamped designs stay very well."