Almond Salmon Patties
Folks tell me this is one of my specialties. Almonds give these light patties a crisp coating and sour cream adds richness. They're flavorful and special enough for company.—DeWhitt Sizemore, Woodlawn, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolks and sour cream. Add bread crumbs and seasonings. Stir in salmon. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into the salmon mixture. Shape into 12 patties; coat with almonds.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lemon if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 414 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Almond Salmon Patties in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.