I grew up in Scandinavian community and enjoyed many Swedish treats as a child. This rusk recipe is one I've kept through the years, and it's become a favorite snack for my nieces and nephews. It is crunchy yet not too sweet; rusks are a delicious treat to take along on any outing! —Lucille Dunn, Alma Center, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine flour, almonds, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture until well combined. Chill until firm.
- Divide dough into three pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°.
- Carefully cut each rectangle into 1/2-in. slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
If Cooking for Two: Cookies keep well stored in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 219 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.