Almond Raspberry Stars Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1. Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Shape into a ball; refrigerate, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into equal numbers of 2-1/2-in. and 1-1/2-in. stars. Combine almonds, sugar and cinnamon. Brush small stars with egg white; immediately sprinkle with almond mixture. Leave large stars plain.
- 3. Place all stars 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake just until tips begin to brown, about 10 minutes for small stars and 12 minutes for large. Cool on wire racks.
- 4. To assemble, spread enough jam over large stars to cover centers. Top with small stars; press lightly (jam should show around edge of small stars). Let jam set before storing cookies in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie: 150 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Almond Raspberry Stars
"There here are a family favorite; This is one of my sister-in-law favorite cookies."
"These cookies are very good. However, the star cutouts I used were very pointy and tended to break off easily. However you can substitute hearts or diamonds or other cookie cutters that come in graduated sizes. Also, I used apricot filling as well as raspberry and we liked both very much. I will definitely add this to my Christmas cookie recipes."
"Can someone please tell me where I can find the 2 different sizes of the 8 point star cookie cutter, so I can make these?"
"I made these last year, and my family loved them. Making them again this year."
"Can these be frozen?"
"Almond Rasbery cookies are verygood and look nice on a Christmas plate. Thankyou!"