Almond Raspberry Diamonds
In case there was any doubt, here's proof that diamonds are a girl's best friend. Yum!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves, warmed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and add 1 cup chips. Let stand, without stirring, to soften chips.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar; beat until thickened and lemon colored. Beat in chip mixture and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread raspberry jam over warm crust. Stir remaining vanilla chips into the remaining batter. Spoon over raspberry layer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Almond Raspberry Diamonds in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.