Almond Puff Pastries
My husband comes from a family of almond growers, so I use almonds often in my baking. These puff pastries have a crisp topping and creamy filling. —Barbara Harrison, Monte Sereno, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into nine 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water; brush over pastry squares. In another bowl, beat egg white; add almonds and sugar. Spread over each square.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until well puffed and browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Split pastries in half horizontally. Fill with whipped cream; replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.