My husband comes from a family of almond growers, so I use almonds often in my baking. These puff pastries have a crisp topping and creamy filling. —Barbara Harrison, Monte Sereno, California
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into nine 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water; brush over pastry squares. In another bowl, beat egg white; add almonds and sugar. Spread over each square.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until well puffed and browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Split pastries in half horizontally. Fill with whipped cream; replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Almond Puff Pastries in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p68
Reviews forAlmond Puff Pastries
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2009
"Absolutely one of my favorite things to make. Guest think I bought them at the Pastry Store."