Almond Potato Puff Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and place in a bowl.
- 2. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to potatoes. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in cream (the mixture will be thin). Add the ground almonds, salt and nutmeg.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 336 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Almond Potato Puff
"Dish is very bland. Needs something to make it have some taste."