Almond Poppy Seed Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter flavoring or additional vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, milk, oil, extracts and butter flavoring. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 22, 2013
great. didn't even need the frosting.
Jul 28, 2013
I made 1/3 of the recipe into 6 cupcakes. Loved them!Used the Stevia/sugar baking blend at the half-the-sugar-called-for level; use white-wheat flour; baked the cupcakes for 25 minutes; added just a drop of almond extract in the frosting.The cupcake was not terribly sweet, but with the frosting they're quite wonderful!