Almond Pie Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- For the crust, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, almonds and flour; stir in the remaining filling ingredients.
- Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 167 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2014
These bars were very good, but I took them out according to the recipe and after letting them cool, they weren't set up really well, very gooey! They are also very, very sweet so only a small piece is needed.
Jun 28, 2010
I have made this recipe which I have had for many many years dozens of times. Got it from a restaurant near where I lived. It is the best chocolate pie you will ever eat. It stays in the freezer until you are ready to eat it. Cuts nicely!