- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter (no substitutes)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- For the crust, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. In a bowl, combine sugar, almonds and flour; stir in the remaining filling ingredients. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store into refrigerator. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forAlmond Pie Bars
"These bars were very good, but I took them out according to the recipe and after letting them cool, they weren't set up really well, very gooey! They are also very, very sweet so only a small piece is needed."