Almond Pesto Crackers Recipe
Homemade crackers beat the store-bought variety any day, and my recipe for these basil infused snacks are no exception. People love the unique flavor of these crackers, and t beautiful green color is perfect for the holidays. —Sue Brown, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup unblanched almonds or pine nuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped almonds
- 1. Place the basil, cheese and garlic in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the almonds, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese and 1/3 cup pesto mixture. Combine the flour, pepper and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into thirds.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, shape each portion into a 6-in. log. Whisk eggs and water. Brush over logs; roll in almonds. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- 4. Unwrap logs and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6 dozen.
3 crackers: 298 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Almond Pesto Crackers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC