Almond Pesto Crackers
Homemade crackers beat the store-bought variety any day, and my recipe for these basil infused snacks are no exception. People love the unique flavor of these crackers, and t beautiful green color is perfect for the holidays. —Sue Brown, West Bend, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup unblanched almonds or pine nuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped almonds
- Place the basil, cheese and garlic in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the almonds, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese and 1/3 cup pesto mixture. Combine the flour, pepper and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into thirds.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape each portion into a 6-in. log. Whisk eggs and water. Brush over logs; roll in almonds. Wrap in plastic. Freeze for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Unwrap logs and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts3 crackers: 298 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.