Almond Pear Muffins
I always bake muffins on the weekends and freeze them for breakfasts or snacks during the week. I take a few out in the morning, and they thaw by the time I get to work.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled pear (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pear and almonds.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 201 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Almond Pear Muffins in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.