Almond Pear-Apple Crumble
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pear nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine pears and apples. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, pear nectar and extract; stir until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Drizzle over pear mixture and stir gently to coat. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in almonds. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 18, 2014
This was really easy. I used canned pears because it was what I had in the house plus fresh apples. Only thing I did differently otherwise was to add a T of cinnamon.
Oct 12, 2010
This recipe is not only very easy, but most people have everything on hand in their kitchen. It is absolutely to die for!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.