- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place 1/2 cup flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Place the almonds in a third bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in eggs and roll in almonds. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides until juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion in remaining butter until tender. Stir in poultry seasoning and remaining flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the orange marmalade, orange juice and peel, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Orange Chicken
"My husband, who is usually not a fan of things not spicy, really raved about this dish and asked that it be put on our "gourmet" list."
"The outside burned while the inside was still raw, so I had to finish cooking it in the microwave. It WAS moist, though."