Almond Oatmeal Cutouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll out between pieces of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove paper and cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 232 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 13, 2014
great cookie. I love the almond flavour. My calorie counter reports 194 calories for each cookie. Quite a difference.
Aug 31, 2012
A crispy cookie with a very good almond taste. Even my neighbor enjoyed them a lot!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.