Almond Oatmeal Cutouts
Almond gives these cutout oatmeal cookies added flavor. The dough is slightly sticky, so roll out the dough between pieces of waxed flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll out between pieces of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove paper and cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 232 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Almond Oatmeal Cutouts in Best of Country Cookies
Feb 13, 2014
great cookie. I love the almond flavour. My calorie counter reports 194 calories for each cookie. Quite a difference.
Aug 31, 2012
A crispy cookie with a very good almond taste. Even my neighbor enjoyed them a lot!