VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Beat in extract. Combine flour and oats; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll out between waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Oatmeal Cutouts in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p47
Reviews forAlmond Oatmeal Cutouts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review