VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll out between pieces of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove paper and cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Oatmeal Cutouts in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p47
Reviews forAlmond Oatmeal Cutouts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review