- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a small skillet, heat the almonds and sugar over low heat. Cook and stir until almonds are coated with sugar glaze; remove and cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. In a bowl, combine lettuce, oranges, celery and onions. Add dressing and almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Almond Mandarin Salad in Country Extra May 2000, p49
Reviews for Almond Mandarin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2012
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2008
"This salad is really simple, but the dressing makes it delicious!"