Almond Mandarin Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a small skillet, heat the almonds and sugar over low heat. Cook and stir until almonds are coated with sugar glaze; remove and cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. In a bowl, combine lettuce, oranges, celery and onions. Add dressing and almonds; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 94 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 17, 2012
There is nothing special about this salad. The salad ingredients are standard to many other recipes but the dressing was weak and pretty much tasteless. Several people at the table took a bite and said, "Did you leave something out of the dressing?" We all agreed we didn't want to eat it again.
Nov 2, 2008
This salad is really simple, but the dressing makes it delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.