- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a small skillet, heat the almonds and sugar over low heat. Cook and stir until almonds are coated with sugar glaze; remove and cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. In a bowl, combine lettuce, oranges, celery and onions. Add dressing and almonds; toss to coat.
1 each: 94 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
- Feb 18, 2019
Takes a salad to a whole new level! Love the oranges and sugared almonds, so different from just plain lettuce and tomato. I think the dressing has a delightful flavor and is the perfect accompaniment to the salad. I've made this about 4-5 times and it is has been well-received by family members. I do leave out the celery from the greens mixture--no biggie, just personal preference.
- Jan 17, 2012
There is nothing special about this salad. The salad ingredients are standard to many other recipes but the dressing was weak and pretty much tasteless. Several people at the table took a bite and said, "Did you leave something out of the dressing?" We all agreed we didn't want to eat it again.
- Nov 27, 2008
No comment left
- Nov 2, 2008
This salad is really simple, but the dressing makes it delicious!