Almond & Mandarin Orange Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 -1/3 cups: 196 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 28, 2014
LOVE this recipe! It has quickly become a family favorite. I toast my almonds to bring out the flavor before adding them to the salad. YUMMY!
Oct 23, 2013
I don't even like bacon, and I enjoyed this salad. I did add some fresh lemon to the dressing, and I didn't have celery salt so I used celery seed instead. It turned out great, and my guests enjoyed it too!
Jan 29, 2012
This salad is amazing. The whole family loves it.
Jan 9, 2012
This was a very good salad, a little sweet. Loved the bacon. Like another reviewer wrote, don't toss too early.
Nov 24, 2011
Love this recipe. Made it for my bacon loving friends and got rave reviews.
Oct 17, 2011
Even my no-greens eater made an exception for this since there was bacon in it. This was very good. Just be sure to wait until dinner is ready to toss with oranges and bacon or it will get soggy.