Almond Jelly Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup jelly or jam of your choice
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add almonds and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining dough, using a 2-in. doughnut cutter so the center is out of each cookie. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jelly over the bottom of the solid cookies; place cookies with cutout center over jelly. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 198 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Almond Jelly Cookies
"Excellent! Make again. Roll to about 1/4" thickness and be careful not to over cook. They are better before they begin to darken. Do not overchill. The suggestion for limited chill time should be heeded."
"this recipe is wonderful. i used Raspberry jam between the cookies. They are better the next day."