Almond-Herb Bread Dressing
My grandmother made this dressing every Thanksgiving. She handed the recipe down to my mother, who passed it along to me, and I shared it with my daughter. It's a holiday staple we all cherish. —Mindy Moore, Valencia, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add celery, onions and parsley; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in bread, almonds, eggs, seasonings and enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in baking dish. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.