THIS simple, quick way of preparing beans makes it an easy recipe to turn to at the last minute. Cooking the beans in the basic ingredients results in a flavorful, impressive side dish.
Recommended: 17 Ways to Love Green Beans
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add the bouillon, celery seed and pepper. Stir in the beans. Cover and cook over medium heat for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in soy sauce and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Green Beans in Reminisce April/May 2008, p 48
Reviews forAlmond Green Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2010
"My sister made these to bring to a family dinner and they were wonderful. The flavor combination is unique and really enhances the fresh green beans."