Almond Ginger Cookies Recipe
Think outside the box this season and enjoy these traditional Chinese cookies, each one topped with an almond slice. —Shirley Warren, Thiensville, Wisconsin
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in ginger.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Press an almond slice into center of each cookie.
- 3. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 9-11 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Almond Ginger Cookies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC