This fudge recipe is from my grandfather-in-law, Max. He makes it for holiday gatherings where it's a favorite.—Kathryn Maxson, Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and greased the foil with butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, dissolve coffee in milk over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 234 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Almond Fudge in Country Woman January/February 2002