Almond-Fudge Custard Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Toasted sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and extract just until combined. Stir into dry ingredients until blended. Carefully pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 293 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 9, 2011
Do you bake the crust before the custard is poured in ? The recipe calls for the crust (baked)?
Dec 22, 2010
A chocolate lovers dream pie......so rich and loaded with flavor. I added about a 1/2 cup of slivered almonds to the custard.
Nov 9, 2009
This baked up just fine for me and tasted wonderful. Made as recipe was written . Will make over and over. Thanks
Apr 14, 2008
what would make this pie not bake in the oven?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.