- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Toasted sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and extract just until combined. Stir into dry ingredients until blended. Carefully pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Store in the refrigerator.
1 slice: 293 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.