Almond Fudge Cakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream, water, butter and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cupfuls into 10 greased 4-in. fluted tube pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until creamy. Fold in whipped cream and almond extract; set aside.
- 4. For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, chocolate chips, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in cream and vanilla.
- 5. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place each bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a 3 tablespoons filling. Replace tops. Spoon glaze over cakes; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Editor’s Note: To bake in 6-oz. ramekins, divide among eight greased ramekins. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
1 cake: 870 calories, 53g fat (28g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Almond Fudge Cakes
"I want to make this recipe, but in as a single cake. Has anyone tried it that way?"