Almond Fruit Squares
These sweet squares are easy to fix, thanks to the refrigerated crescent roll dough that serves as the crust!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup almond paste
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight rectangles. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press onto bottom and up sides; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, almond paste, extract and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with fruit. Brush with preserves; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 215 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Almond Fruit Squares in Country Woman Christmas 1999