Almond Fruit Squares
These sweet squares are easy to fix, thanks to the refrigerated crescent roll dough that serves as the crust!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup almond paste
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight rectangles. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press onto bottom and up sides; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, almond paste, extract and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with fruit. Brush with preserves; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 215 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Almond Fruit Squares in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.