Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/8 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) almond cake and pastry filling
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Add the eggs, potato flakes, butter, sugar, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; spread each with filling. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for it in the baking aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 21, 2012
This was excellent! All my friends asked for the recipe; they though it tasted like it came from a bakery. I only used six cups of flour and I used two cans of the filling.