Almond Eggnog Pound Cake Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. Press almonds onto the bottom and sides of pan; set aside.
- 2. Melt remaining butter. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggnog, eggs, rum extract, nutmeg and melted butter on low speed for 30 seconds or just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 273 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Almond Eggnog Pound Cake
"Just made this, and it looks and smells so good! I can't wait to make it again!"
"I used chopped walnuts instead of almonds and poured a rum glaze oure the warm cake it was very good"
"have made it every year for the past 3 years. A great gift item. I just put it on a piece of cardboard covered with foil. Travels great... people ask for it every year"
"Delicious cake! Very easy to make, baked up lighter and fluffier than I expected. Everyone loves it, including my 2-year-old. I followed the recipe exactly, with regular eggnog and butter and whole eggs. I plan to bake this from now on for our New Year's Eve celebrations, since I don't like drinking eggnog."
"I would like to find a pound cake, that is true. All the butter, cream, sour cream and all."
"I've made it using light butter and light eggnog and its come out great every time. Next time I'm going to try using just egg whites to cut down the fat a bit more."
"I used Silk Soymilk Nog and Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend to make this a little healthier, and it came out perfect!"