Almond Eggnog Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. Press almonds onto the bottom and sides of pan; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggnog, eggs, rum extract, nutmeg and melted butter on low speed for 30 seconds or just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 273 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 25, 2011
Just made this, and it looks and smells so good! I can't wait to make it again!
Oct 27, 2011
I used chopped walnuts instead of almonds and poured a rum glaze oure the warm cake it was very good
Dec 29, 2010
have made it every year for the past 3 years. A great gift item. I just put it on a piece of cardboard covered with foil. Travels great... people ask for it every year
Jan 1, 2010
Delicious cake! Very easy to make, baked up lighter and fluffier than I expected. Everyone loves it, including my 2-year-old. I followed the recipe exactly, with regular eggnog and butter and whole eggs. I plan to bake this from now on for our New Year's Eve celebrations, since I don't like drinking eggnog.
May 1, 2009
I would like to find a pound cake, that is true. All the butter, cream, sour cream and all.
Dec 29, 2008
I've made it using light butter and light eggnog and its come out great every time. Next time I'm going to try using just egg whites to cut down the fat a bit more.
Oct 24, 2008
I used Silk Soymilk Nog and Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend to make this a little healthier, and it came out perfect!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.